Thursday, November 24, 2016

ThanksGiving

Growing up, my mom (who was one of four kids) was the hostess for Thanksgiving. She hosted quite a crowd. When we moved to California, nothing changed in the hostess department, except the crowd dwindled to just us four.

The Thanksgiving after I was married, I offered to host. And this change in tradition has stuck (save for the year the Mayor was born, when we were so utterly racked by our perinatal complications that I couldn't even).

I think it was strange for my mom at first, but she cones bearing a pie and homemade dinner rolls and seems to have grown to enjoy the freedom from doing all of the holidays. Besides, she has a pretty big Christmas Eve smorgiebob to work up to in a few short weeks.

But I am thankful that I am able to take over from her, carrying on her tradition,  and have the opportunity to pass it on to my kids, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment