Saturday, November 26, 2016

Just L-I-V-I-N

There is nothing better than recieving positive reinforcement directly from the object of a parent's toil.

Like today, after I returned from a breakfast date with friends. Miss Thing emerged from her room from what I thought was her nap (it wasn't) and says:

"Moooooom. What are you doing here?!"

Just L-I-V-I-N. No biggie.

Then at dinner, she composed this little Ode to her Parents:

You're nice to us
But you yell
And shout
And scream
But you're nice to us
But you yell
And shout
And scream.

So I've got that going for me. Which is nice?

Perhaps it's a sign of her prodigious sense if humor. Or the beginnings of a fruitful songwriting career. I mean, I can't even begin to imagine what else it could mean otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment