Sunday, November 23, 2014

Songs From the Locust Years, Disc 2

Here's what I was hoping to post yesterday:
By popular demand (of one person), here comes disc two of Songs from the Locust Years:
Kicking off with a little Van Halen:
Rounded out by the smooth sounds of Barry:
This was thrust upon us as the theme song for the Contiki® European tour that a few of us went on after I finally finished college. I don't think any of us liked it during the trip. Or at least not until the very end of it. Or was that just me?
Quintessential to the period:
Hall. And. Oates.
A little ditty compliments of our neighbors to the north, Loverboy:
The Monkees even made it on our soundtrack:
And more Pat Benetar:
Pink Floyd:
The Ramones:
And the Stones:
I'm realizing that hip hop is underrepresented in this soundtrack, so let's remedy that now:
This was one of our favorite covers that our favorite cover band covered (probably still covers). Did they play this at my wedding? I can't remember.

And the same guys in that cover band had an original band, too. And that band covered this:

EWE...EFF...OHH!!!

If you made it this far, thank you for listening. It should be noted that this soundtrack was heavily influenced by a jukebox that was not very up to date, hanging out with some guys whose driver's license photos were unrecognizable because the "used to have long hair," and being devotees of a cover band (who had several different iterations). The Locust Years were actually lived circa Y2K.
It should also be noted that the above songs are © of their respective owners.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

    As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I am also adding participating blogs to my feed reader. So I’m just dropping by to let you know I’ve added your blog to my feedreader, whenever you publish a post I will see it. :)

    I have created three bundles on Inoreader so that bloggers can easily visit other participating NaBloPoMo bloggers which you can find here -

    http://www.snoskred.org/2014/11/nablopomo-bundles-final-edition.html

    I also have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts. You may see me drop by again during November, but it might be December before I finish my first drop by to blogs if I don't get faster at leaving comments. :)

    Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    http://www.snoskred.org

    ReplyDelete