Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Service


Today of all days, our thoughts are with those men and women who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. Their sacrifices have made my life as I know it possible. And they are why it’s important to me to spend my time serving my community in the ways that I am able.
I am a volunteer for the Junior League of Oakland East Bay Inc. (JLOEB). I chose to join this group of volunteers to build friendships with ladies who also feel that community service is an integral part of our society. JLOEB also offers diverse opportunities for service. One week I might be sorting food at a local food bank and the next helping teenaged girls shop for a prom dress. And if I can learn something new along the way (which I always do!) even better.
I may not make as immense of a sacrifice as our military women and men, but if my modest contribution has the slightest chance at making this a better place for us all, I’ll take it. And today, I dedicate my service to you, Veterans. With my utmost gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment