Monday, November 7, 2011

Makin' Time

Just the other day, a friend asked me, "How do you do it all?"

Let's start at the beginning (of sorts). I work full time, commute two hours a day, have a husband (aka Fella), and a two-year-old son (aka 4.0).  I try to get homemade (OK, semi-homemade) dinners on the table most nights. And in my "spare time" I also belong to a philanthropic women's group that affords me opportunities to volunteer and give back to my community. I'm blessed to have our moms to watch 4.0 during the week, who also lend a hand after those nights I'm especially ambitious and there's clean laundry to fold.

So sure I do a lot, but I certainly don't do it all.

And since my son arrived, there have definitely been parts of my life that have suffered, especially in the relationships department.  Thanks be to social networking that I still have friends at all!  But I'm learning to not be so hard on myself for not being able to do it all.  And that the people that matter the most will always understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment