Thursday, November 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Wednesday's prompt was this: If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

I tried to tackle a similar question earlier in the year in the short lived Saturday Seven post series. And when I sat down to write my list it felt inadequate. Not only did I want all of my favorites, but I wanted all of the food experiences that I’ve yet to have in my life (Chez Panisse, French Laundry, etc.)

You see, I like food. OK, I love food. You might even say I have a ready for a twelve step program food problem. But that’s beside the point.

So what would you want your last meal to be? I’d want it to be my last chance to sit down to share a meal with friends and family, whatever ended up on the table.  I’d want it to be the experience of a lifetime with the people I love in my life.  I’d want it to be a celebration of life and a bon voyage for whatever I was destined for next.

I’d want it to be one helluva party.

NaBloPoMo 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment