Friday, April 3, 2015

NMF: Spring Break Edition

It’s officially Spring Break. Even Fella is "taking a spring break from work,” as the Mayor is calling it. I’m sure Miss Thang will have some Toddlers Gone Wild moments over the next week, as we attempt to actually have a family stay-cation that involves more than just tackling projects around the house (that never seem to get completed anyway).

When I used to daydream about being a SAHM, I imagined our weekends being filled with day trips rather than endless errands and chores. Instead, these things remain endless.

But unfinished projects be damned! We are going to go to the beach one day and who knows what the rest of the days (I really ought to start making some kind of a plan for the week).

Speaking of planning, this is the last week of Lent. Which means it’s the last installment of NMF. As always, I’m somewhat relieved that I don’t have to plans around this restriction, but it’s been easier to do so sharing my recipes here. There will still be recipes to come and maybe someday I’ll learn how to take pictures along the way.

Without further ado…

Spaghetti with Tuna and Cherry Tomatoes

1 small onion, chopped
2T extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1lb cherry tomatoes
3 cans tuna, drained
Spaghetti or noodle substitute of choice


In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until slightly golden. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add tomatoes and let cook until the tomatoes start to burst. Stir in tuna and heat through. Toss with cooked noodles and serve (I like mine topped with grated parmesan cheese).

No comments:

Post a Comment