Thursday, December 18, 2008

C25K: Day One

I got myself to the gym this morning, although as I suspected it was a little bit of a pain. Literally and figuratively.

The closest gym is about 10 minutes from home. So it poses a logistical problem with getting up at 5:00 a.m., getting there, getting home, readying for work, and out the door before 7:00 a.m. It's a lot to try to do in 2 hours! Of course I have considered doing the readying business AT the gym, but that takes a lot of planning and organization, both of which were especially lacking for this morning's foray. But I got there and made it to work reasonably close to my usual start time.

As for the actual training, it went half well.

At about the 10-minute-mark, body parts started to revolt. It was mostly a hip that was none too pleased with me. So I jogged one more interval to make it up to 0:11:30 of the actual C25K schedule and walked the remaining 0:8:30.

I'm satisfied with my (half) Day One.

And I experimented with the Speed Interval setting on the treadmill. Pretty convenient for my C25K purposes. I toggled between my "jogging" (walking) speed at 3.4 and "running" (jogging) speed at 4.0. Slow down or speed up at the touch of a button. Marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment